As I mentioned before, I had wanted to find some sort of salvaged architecture to make my souvenir.
I was impatient to get it finished, so I just decided to start from new lumber.
My brother in law, Tim, needed some pants hemmed and I needed a carpenter. It was a good trade.
We started with a 1" x 12" x 4' and he trimmed it to the size I wanted.
He used a router for the edges...
added trim and then it was all mine to finish.
I was a little nervous.
I used a Dremel tool to distress it some.
My dad used to do some woodworking and I would help/watch him create things like this,
but I wasn't sure where to start.
So, I just went for it.
I taped off the center and painted the edges Red.
The paint I used was just craft paint from the hobby store we all know and love.
I then painted the main part with a blue from the same store and painted on the letters in black.
I again distressed it and sanded the edges some more. Then lightly brushed on some poly.
I was so excited to add the metal numbers. I think they really made it GREAT!
I am sure you will see this again, when I am decorating our new home.
Thanks for stopping by!