Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

How my Savannah Souvenir was made.


As I mentioned before, I had wanted to find some sort of salvaged architecture to make my souvenir.
I was impatient to get it finished, so I just decided to start from new lumber. 


My brother in law, Tim, needed some pants hemmed and I needed a carpenter.  It was a good trade. 


We started with a 1" x 12" x 4' and he trimmed it to the size I wanted.


He used a router for the edges...


added trim and then it was all mine to finish.
I was a little nervous.

I used a Dremel tool to distress it some. 
My dad used to do some woodworking and I would help/watch him create things like this, 
but I wasn't sure where to start. 
So, I just went for it.


I taped off the center and painted the edges Red. 
The paint I used was just craft paint from the hobby store we all know and love.


 


I then painted the main part with a blue from the same store and painted on the letters in black.


I again distressed it and sanded the edges some more.  Then lightly brushed on some poly.
I was so excited to add the metal numbers.  I think they really made it GREAT!


I am sure you will see this again, when I am decorating our new home.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon
Pin It!

1 comment: